Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall....



Although Fall isn't quite here yet in S. California. I am in the mood for some fall colors, food, scents, ect. On Saturday we went up to this quaint little old mining town, Julian, up in the mountains east of here. It was great, minus Lane puking on himself on the way up and having no extra clothes, check out the Julian t-shirt he is wearing. :) There are woods and nature, I love it. While I was feeding Case in the car, Lane and Reese went for a little hike. They brought me back some huge pinecones and some acorns (or jumpy nuts as Lane calls them).

I purchased this beautiful wreath at this store They are all real leaves and the entire wreath smells like being in the woods. The store is amazing. I would like to live in it. Check out the website to see pictures. They have a ton of different yummy potpurris too. My kinda place.
On Sunday we went out to get Lane some new shoes. I picked up a Yankee Autumn Wreath candle. Heavenly!
So my old Yankee candle Pomegranite Cider (yum!), was on it's last leg. You know when there is a little wax left on the bottom but the wick won't burn anymore. So I melted it down on the stove....
put it in muffin liners...
Whalla, a recycled Yankee jar candle into a candle tart to melt. If you try this at home the tarts will be "juicy" once they harden :0 They ooze a little oil and color so I just set them on a paper towel for a while and they are good to go now.

Have you noticed my obsession with Yankee candles? Every month at the Navy Exchange, they have a couple different scents 25% off. I treat myself to one every month. Love 'em.

Happy almost Fall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Coolest thing ever with the homemade tarts!!!

michele said...

I KNOW your obsession with Yankee candles! I bought you a Yankee tart at Craft Warehouse the other day... then totally forgot to send that and the check in the package I mailed you today!! My brain has gone out the window. This post is sooo inspiring and fun!!

Maria said...

what a great idea!!! I have some candles I need to use up.