I've had this idea in my head for months now. Finally I was able to accomplish this. I started with a shutter. I got it at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $8. I applied a coat of Elmers glue first. Once that dried a little, just until it's a little tacky I put on a coat of red acrylic paint. I think I used about 3 small bottles at around $1 each.
Here is the after. I wish I had more room for these things, but I do like how this project turned out.
4 comments:
OOOoooh. That turned out cool. I love the red with the white showing through. I bet it feels good to be able to get something like that accomplished for yourself!
I love this idea! I have an old shutter I've been wanting to paint...that crackle finish looks so unique. I think I will try it. :)
Super Adorable!!!
looks fab!!! What a fun color too!
Post a Comment