This Thanksgiving was a fun one. My brother Matt and Reese's brother Jordan came to visit. Lane was really excited to have his uncles come to visit and Estelle loved all the entertainment she had.
The moose mugs that Reese's mom sent for his birthday (think Christmas Vacation, cousin Eddie)
Matt and the kids

The guys even got to take part in our Christmas decorating!
This year I am very thankful for all I have been blessed with. When I asked Lane what he was thankful for he said his home. Lane is pretty aware of people that don't have homes (he sees lots of homeless people around here). And I thought that really summed it up. I am thankful for my home, not just my house but for my home. My home has love in it, it has Jesus in it, and it has my very favorite people in it. Another reason I am thankful for my home right now is that I have memories of Case in this home. But the thing I am most thankful for is my home waiting for me in heaven. I am reminded to set my sights on eternal things, not just things in the world but things that last, the truly important things.
3 comments:
I bet your Thanksgiving meal was YUMMY!!! This is such a great post! I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family and I am so thankful for all of you!
I love this post. Oh that is cool that your kids and you and Reese got time with Jordan and Matt. Estelle's expressions are fantastic!! Your words are so wise. We need to look toward heaven. And we have so much to be thankful for here... but so much more awaits us!
Love to you!
I'm thankful for you too! Great post about family, gratitude and love. You always look at the bigger picture which is very hard for me to do. I'm glad you enjoyed the time with the kids Uncle's too - Uncle's are the best!
Post a Comment