Thursday, March 22, 2012

Orange Chicken


I will start by saying how much Lane LOVES Orange Chicken. His love for it began when I bought a frozen box of it from Costco. He always requested it. I am not much of a frozen food kind of girl so I would always cringe just a little when I served it, although it was good! So when I found this recipe while I was doing weight watchers, I was really excited to find a healthier version of Orange Chicken. Served with some brown rice and edamame, this meal is a favorite of my family. I got it from this blog http://www.pointlessmeals.blogspot.com
And this is Estelle after she's eaten her orange chicken, she loves it! In fact this is what got her eating some chicken despite her vegetarian tendencies.
And on a side note, Lane had to "dress up" a potato last week for school. Kind of a funny project, but fun. I asked him what he would like to dress it up as and of course he wanted it to be in camouflage. So we made a ghillie suit for this little potato. For those of you who don't know what a ghillie suit is, it's a suit that snipers wear and they can blend completely into their surroundings, like this for example...
So we strung some leaves on him and stuck in some stick arms. We went through Lane's army guy stuff and found a good hat and a pair of tiny binoculars that hung from his potatoes arm. He was pretty proud of it, who knows if his teacher knew what a ghillie suit is. What is important is that Lane knows what it is :) Lane is doing so great in school, I am really proud not only his grades but also the way he conducts himself at school. Hopefully he can pass down these things to his sister... hopefully.

2 comments:

Joelle said...

I love that recipe, and I love that website! So great that it's kid friendly too. That picture of Estelle is so sweet. Jovie went through a period of not wanting anything to do with meat too, but now she'll eat most things just fine.

michele said...

Estelle needs to come eat something at my house and make a huge mess. She and Hazey can take a bath. I just want to HANG OUT. Lane. We love Lane. Willem lost a tooth at 5 a.m. this morning. His FIRST tooth! He asked if he could call Lane. ;)
Vance had a holster made for a gun. It was made by a man named Papa Bear. The whole silly story we really want to share with Reese. I think he'd like it.

Random. That is what I am. I haven't been drinking wine either.

Thinking of you on this March 25.