Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Case's 3rd Birthday

Today was Case's 3rd Birthday.  Hard to believe that he would be three!  Lane was three when Reese went in to the Navy.  He seemed so big and I can't imagine Case being that big.  We sent up flying hugs and kisses to Case tonight.  We all wrote messages on the balloons.  Then we had cupcakes to celebrate Case's birthday.  Estelle really liked licking the frosting off of hers.  

It was great to have Reese here for this.  We all miss Case so much.  I am not sure that our family will ever feel complete without him here.  Lane said that he wanted to write on his balloon "see you soon" because he is going to see him when he goes to heaven.  I hope my kids will always hold on to the truth that we will see him in heaven and what a wonderful day that will be!






3 comments:

kdactyl said...

I love that you celebrate Case's birthday. I have not lost a child, but I know that if I did my biggest worry would be that he/she be forgotten as life goes on. I have a couple close girlfriends who have suffered a stillbirth and an early infant loss. Every year I send them a card on that day letting them know I remember their daughter's and am celebrating/mourning with them. Every year they tell me how grateful they are that I remember their babies and use their names because so few people do anymore. Death seems to be so taboo to so many people...but it is such a part of life. Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy Case.
kd

kelly said...

My heart aches for you. Holding on to the fact that Case is in a better place than we are. My prayers are that God gives you comfort and strength and that he is with you, my friend <3, in times like this and always as I know he is.

Happy Birthday Case, I'm so very grateful to have witnessed the love between you and your family and that warm smile of yours. I remember very clearly the day your mother expressed to me that she wanted a second child, then the day she told me she was pregnant with you and the joy in her face! You are such a blessing.

Pemberton Family said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate Case's birthday. I have been praying for you and just wanted you to know. Hope your days are filled with more happiness and joy with your children and husband. Happy 3rd birthday to your beautiful baby boy Case!