Sunday, January 12, 2014

4 years ago

 Today was the 4 year anniversary of Case's death. We drove out to a beach and lit 4 wish lanterns for Case.  It was such a beautiful night on the beach in the snow.


 Lane stood way out by the water, you can see him in the center of the picture.
It's really hard to believe that it's been 4 years.  Sometimes it seems like longer and other times it seems like it just happened.  The years have not lessened my memories of that day. It was so traumatic, I am sure it will always be vivid in my mind.  We were so blessed to have Case for the short time we did.  What sweet little soul he was, very calm and content.  The wish lanterns are just a little symbol of how we are loving him from here to heaven!

1 comment:

michele said...

What a special, sweet thing to do. It seems calming. A good way to remember your darling baby and what a sweetheart he was. I will never understand why. I do know he is experiencing perfect peace.
I wish we were closer. In distance that is ;)