Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Waffle Cones


Something that has been sounding especially delish to me lately is coffee ice cream! Now...coffee ice cream in a waffle cone, even better! Now this may surprise some, but I have a waffle cone maker :) They are so yummy. WAY better than any waffle cone you can buy in a store or get at the ice cream shop! So, if you ever run across a waffle cone maker (it looks a bit like a waffle iron just without the deep waffle grooves) snatch it up!!! I have a Rival and I don't know that they make them anymore. I found mine at Big Lots like probably 5 years ago. Anyway here is a wonderful recipe for them that I found.

Waffle Cones(makes about 8 cones):

1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled

Preheat waffle cone maker. Beat the egg and egg white and salt in a small bowl until well blended. Beat in the sugar until it is incorporated and the egg has lightened in color slightly, about 1 minute. Add flour and beat another 15 seconds or until all lumps are gone. Add the melted butter and stir.

Spoon 2 Tbsp of batter in the center of the iron. Bake for 1 minute then check for proper color. Cook and additional 5-10 seconds if necessary.

Quickly remove the waffle from the maker on to a clean cloth towel. Roll around the cone form (it comes with the maker) Hold the cone for few seconds and press down on the bottom to seal the hole in the bottom. After a few seconds it will harden enough to hold it's shape.


If you can't find a waffle cone maker, come down to visit and request that I make them. I can always use an excuse to pig out on something totally unhealthy :)

8 comments:

michele said...

YUM!!! I want to come over! Love the picture too! Are those forced paper whites? :)

Elaina said...

Looks good! I request that you make them after I do my race I'll need some homemade waffle cones after that!

Lindsey said...

Oh how I forgot about that Waffle Cone marker when I was there in November. I would have requested!(The dutch apple pie was excellent though) That was are special desert the last few time You Anya and I got together for dinner!
ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....searching for plane tickets now ;-)
I think if I ever do get to come out there, we will probably end up cooking and eating the whole time!

michele said...

Ok, now Lindsey had me curious about the dutch apple pie, I want the recipe!
I copied your menu for the week idea :)

Natasha said...

Oh the dutch apple pie...that is a scrumptious recipe if I do say so myself! But it's a secret, just kidding. I am glad that you stole my idea for the menu of the week Michele, somebody's gotta do it! Maybe I'll get back to it in the next month.

kyrsten said...

Oh, I'm starving right now, and those look SO GOOD! I LOVE waffle cones, forget the ice cream...well, maybe not, but they are the best part! YUMM!

MOPS said...

oh-oh! reese is gonna get fat!
that sounds and looks so good tasha! i'm on a diet - south beach - but that looks so good. can i come live with you? forget the visit stuff :-) just kidding.
don't start freakin.....