This past week we've have some change. We finally decided to take Lane out of Kindergarten. He's very young for his grade and we had thought about doing a second year of Kindergarten anyway. When Case died, one of my first reactions was to take Lane out of school. We thought about it for a month and decided last week. We are happy with our decision. It gives us more time to enjoy our little man (and I mean little MAN!). And it gives us more time together as a family since Reese will be home until May. We've been doing a little "homeschool" The usual workbook stuff, some science experiments, and museum trips. I know Lane is enjoying it and so are Reese and I.
My friend Lindsey also came to visit over the weekend. We had a good time, she got to meet a lot of our friends down here and see a little more of the city. On Sunday morning we went on a Harbor Cruise while enjoying brunch! Fancy smancy.
One of Lane's science experiments, the classic vinegar and baking soda volcano.
Reese and Lane at the fountain at Balboa Park.
Lane started T-ball last week too.I wanted to post some of what we are doing. We are all learning how to do things a little differently. I am learning to function with a constant underlying sadness and emptyness inside. Sometimes I do well with that, other times I don't. Twice now in a store, I've heard a baby crying and I start crying myself. Today it happened in the grocery store. It was all I could do to not pick up that baby out of her stroller with tears streaming down my face. I miss my baby so so much. It's been 6 weeks since I've held him. I know time will heal my heartache but until then I trust God to get me through each day.
13 comments:
I'm glad to see these changes, or "life moments" taking place. I fully support your decision to have Lane at home. You are so capable of providing him all of the experiences he'd be getting at school. I'm also glad Lindsey got to come and visit. Thinking of you and praying for you daily.
Joelle
You'll never regret this choice to bring Lane home to learn! It's the best and will be such a precious time for you all! Praying for you daily...
You are a wonderful mother, wife and friend Natasha. I am inspired by your strength and faith everyday.
These pictures are fantastic. I love the one of Lane and Reese from the back. You and Lindsey are sooo cute and stylish and I love the one of Lane and his volcanoe. I know you must have many moments of feeling VERY empty... that sweet Case of yours filled your days with love and happiness. I am glad you have Lane at home with you... and I love the home school stuff you are doing. You are a wonderful mom. Praying 20 times a day for you... more on some days :)
What a good mom you are! So creative and fun, and Lane is getting more from these experiences as a family right now than if he was in school. Praying for you and your family every day.
Ditto what Michele and everyone else said. Glad Reese is still state side and you can have more time together. I kept Evan out an extra year and was always glad. You will be esp glad when he is a teenager I bet. Package coming your way. Love ya!
What a handsome "pitch catch" player you have! ;-) Those science projects and museum trips sound so fun!! I think you guys made a great decision on taking Lane out. Enjoy it. His is for sure a little MAN!
I had a wonderful time meeting your friends down there and just getting to spend time with you guys. Fancy Smancy for sure on the California Spirit and I enjoyed it so much!
ALWAYS in my daily thoughts and prayers. Love Lindsey
So wonderful that you get to spend more time together with Lane home! It is so good to read your heart and thoughts on your blog, thanks for sharing! I'm praying for you and your family so often. God has given you such a neat heart and amazing strength that is a great encouragment to all who know you and even those who may have just heard of you! Thinking of you..
love, marie
I want to see a picture of the effects of that volcano! You and Reese are doing a wonderful job with Lane at home. It is far more important for him to be with you two for this time before Reese leaves. It's good for him and it's good for you - gives you three time to heal alittle every day TOGETHER. My heart breaks for you , not being able to hold your Case. he was so cuddly and beautiful and smelled so good! It must be hard on you every minute of the day. I hope it is getting a tiny bit easier to get through the day. Someday you will be holding a little brother or sister of Lane and Case's, it won't be the same as Case but happy and right in a different way.
But for now, heal and love together you three. see you soon.
I think is is so good that you took some time to think about taking Lane out of school and I think you made a good decision. That is neat you are doing some homeschooling and science experiments, field trips etc. Love that volcano picture. Cute pictures, like the one of you and lindsey too. This blog is such a great way to keep people updated. Thinking of you SO much. Love, Lesha
I could not help but cry with you in th is post. My heartbreaks for you...and yes, I have no idea what it would be like to go to a store and hear a baby cry...my prayers are for you, your hurt and sadness will be taken away.
Tiffiny
thank-you for sharing so openly and honestly. its so true how those little things can instantly bring us to tears, and it all seems very unpredictable at the same time. we will be praying for you as we continue walking this unfamiliar journey alongside you.
I think it's great that you, Reese and Lane are getting to spend more time together with him out of school. It's time you can't get back. I'm glad Lindsey went to visit - looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment