I flew up to Seattle on Friday night to meet my sister's and Lissa. I just stayed two nights and we stayed in a hotel, shopped, talked, and cried. It was great being around those girls. It was healing. It was hard to leave Lane and Reese. It was hard to get back to reality today. I should be doing homework right now. I am taking some online classes. It sounds crazy to be doing that right now. I had registered for them back in November. I didn't feel like I could focus enough to do them, but I am trying. I honestly don't know what else I am supposed to do. I lost some of my identity when Case died. I am supposed to be taking care of a baby and now I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing.
I was given a book at Case's funeral. Jesus Calling. (Thanks Mindy) I read it every morning. I can't believe how relevant it is to me right now. Yesterday's devotion said this, "Remember that I can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different. Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be. You will get through today one step, one moment at a time." I don't understand why God intends for me to be here. But honestly, this is what gets me through, the fact the God does have a plan and he can work all things into a pattern for good. It is beyond my understanding. I don't say these things to sound right or to make people think that I am okay and doing everything right. I am a mess, I am not strong, I am broken. I am writing this because this is the only way I am getting through this. If I didn't have my faith in God, I would go crazy. Sometimes I feel like I might go crazy, but then I remember to take it one moment, one day at a time. I am reminded to keep my eyes on God, just like Case kept his eyes on me.
14 comments:
I love you.
This is amazing. That phrase bittersweet comes to me. I feel a little dorky saying that, but it is the word that comes to my mind. It is what I feel when I read it, and probably how you feel. Case WILL remember you. It was great to see you. And there was a time to laugh and a time to cry. I love you Tasha. Give Reese and Lane an extra hug from me next time you hug them.
What a beautiful blog. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. We have a great God and he will bless your faithfulness.
Hold onto those memories of him Tasha, nothing and no one can EVER take them away from you. They will forever be sketched in your heart. My heart goes out to you and Reese and Lane, I can not imagine the pain and brokenness you must be feeling. I pray for you daily and I just ask God to stay close to all of you as you go through the unimagineable. Love to you!
This is beautiful! You are inspiring to me I wish I felt just a fraction of your faithfulness. Love you.
Your posts bring tears to my eyes. I am so sorry, Tasha. I think of and pray for you and your family daily.
Natasha, not a day goes by that you, Lane and Reece do not enter my thoughts and prayers...I know I don't know you very well but I think about you all the time...Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
You don't know me but I am a friend of your friend, Julie Price. She asked me to pray for your family and I have been since hearing about the loss of your son.
I feel compelled to tell you that you are a huge inspiration and an amazing woman. Your blog is wonderful. I am so impressed by your strength and dedication to the Lord. I know that you probably don't feel strong and at times may not feel dedicated, either, but everyone around you I know thinks otherwise.
God has given you an amazing spirit. Both of your boys are beautiful children and are so blessed to have you as their mother. And I'm sure you feel blessed to be their mother as most moms do about their children. I pray that God will bless your life and heal you in ways you never thought possible.
I am so very sorry for the loss of little Case. I can't imagine the pain and heartache you and Reese are going through right now. But I'm glad you can feel God's hand on you through all of it and are turning to Him to be your strength and hold you together when you feel weak and broken. You have been and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
I am thinking about you and Reese and Mr Lane every day. Praying for peace for you all... and some joy every day.
I love reading your heart. It's beautiful Natasha. Love you.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Know that I am praying for you during this time of intense grief. As a mother, my heart aches for you. May you feel His presence while adjusting to a new 'normal'.
Your amazing. Your thoughts are perfect..
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Know that I am praying for you during this difficult time.
As a mother, my heart aches for you.
Hold onto those beautiful memories. Nothing and no one can ever take them away from you. They will forever be with you.
Your posts bring tears to my eyes. I too lost our little girl Angel 2 years ago. I was 23 weeks along and she decided to come early. She only lived for a short time. In the hours we had with her- what a special time we had.
It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do is to say good-by a perfect innocent baby and lay her to rest in the lords hands.
I know that you probably don't feel strong right now but God has given you an amazing spirit and you, Reese, and Lane can get through this together. You and Reese lean on eachother for support and family/Friends are amazing. It is tough but in time you will heal. You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment