Monday, October 4, 2010

A Sneak Peek

When Reese got home, I got him started on on a few projects, building these chairs and painting the baby's room. Thankfully, I think he enjoyed doing them and it took up some time since right now he's not doing too much at work. So I had found the plans for these adirondack chairs and Reese got to building. He did a great job and I love how they turned out. We got rid of our old patio furniture this year. It was just too big for our patio and getting rusty which is what all metal objects we own have done since we've moved here. My goal is to make our patio like another room. It is so nice here most the year that we really should spend more time out there. I am not done with this space, but we did get an outdoor rug to "define" the space and I got some mums. I am planning on painting the little table at some point, but for now it's a nice place to sit and read, which Reese has been doing a lot of out there. Now onto the baby's room.
This is just a sneak peek, why, because it isn't done :) I've been doing a lot of sewing. I made this ruffle pillow. I LOVE how it turned out and I just might have a ruffly pillow in every room if I don't stop myself.
I bought some curtain panels from Ikea and had to froo-froo them up and what better way than ric rac and ruffles!

This might be one of my favorite projects, the bunting! Those are all the fabrics I am using in the room. When she has a name, I will sew it onto it. Her name will have to be 7 letters or less I guess. I know I am driving some of you crazy (insert evil laugh). We also have a new paint color on the walls that were once white....pink. I am not an all pink kinda girl. I actually try to find baby clothes that aren't pink, but I am really liking the brown, green, and pink theme. It's turning out to be a little vintage and a little whimsical.

The baby's room has been fun to put together and so sad at the same time. It's meant saying goodbye in yet another way and allowing myself to accept what "will be" a little more. It's been a slow process, one that is not done yet, and it's taken a lot of thought and for me, it has brought on a lot of healing. I am looking forward to it being all done and sharing more pictures soon.

8 comments:

michele said...

Fhew, I can stop sitting at my computer WAITING for this post. Hazel is walking around with a wet diaper and pizza sauce on her face, while the dinner dishes are stacked three feet high simply because I am a basement dweller WAITING for this post.
So cute. The patio looks very inviting. The chairs turned out so good.
The ruffle pillow, adorable.
This little girl will be such a blessing. Case's chubby cheeks and grin will be so missed as you watch each stage with this sweet baby girl... but I pray God will work through her to provide healing and joy.

Jessica said...

Are you taking orders for the chairs and pillows? Just kidding. They are adorable. I LOVE those pillows. Excited for you to meet your little girl!

Lesha said...

The chair that you sat in with Case so much, where I saw you reading your bible after he was gone. Now there is ruffle pillow made by you! I bet she is going to want to know all about Case. I think she will remind you of Case too each day. Love everything you have done. And good job to Reese for making those chairs, very neat. Love you! Lesha

MOPS said...

Agree with all the comments already made. Looks like things are getting in place for this poor little unamed baby girl. that's for the evil laugh ;-) your patio looks great, reese is a carpenter(?), who knew! ok, 7 letters huh?
any hints? her room is going to be so pretty, and she is so lucky to be able to have Case looking over her as she sleeps in their room. love you all and can't wait to meet this little girl.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, Natasha. I just love every one of your creations! And Reese did a great job on those chairs! Now I am going to spend the afternoon thinking of girl's names with 7 letters, LOL!!!

Leah said...

The chairs are fantastic, good work Reese! Keep ruffling anything and everything, it looks so adorable. And its ok, I've figured out the 7 letter name - Leahroy. Right? Beautiful if I do say so :) The room is just darling Natasha.

Carolyn S. said...

Wow! Loving the creativity...I have several of those ruffle pillows myself, though I didn't make them...=o)

What a great color scheme for a baby girl's room...and I really like the vintagey look.

God Bless you today,
Carolyn =O)

kelly said...

I'm getting a chuckle at Michele's post~a lady of my heart! I too have been watching and waiting and now, I can't stop looking at all this beautiful work you have done Natasha and Reese! Perfect just perfect!