Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chompers

I said in my last post that this one's been teething, big time. This is my new water bottle she is holding. She loves to gnaw on the spout, it's squishy. Every time I take a drink of water, she reaches to hold the bottle.
Well, yesterday her first little chomper cut through. If you click on the close up pictures you can kind of see it. It feels like the other bottom tooth is going to cut through soon too. This explains the constant poopy diapers!!
Loving the crooked smile.

Now, I have to point out that I was right and her pediatrician was wrong. Normally I don't claim to be smarter than a doctor :) but this lady really ticked me off, to put it nicely. She was not real sensitive about our situation, not to mention she pretty much told me I was wrong about everything, including how I thought she was teething at her 4 month appointment. She promptly told me that all babies drool around 4 months and it doesn't mean they are teething. Then she told me, "If she does get a tooth before her 6 month check up, but I highly doubt she will, to wash it with a wet washcloth to clean it." Well, looky here my little 5 month old has a tooth. Okay, so I am in a bit of a sassy mood. I guess I wanted to point out to all you mommies out there that we do have a motherly instinct and to trust your gut, even when the professionals might be telling you otherwise. Not that I think doctors are wrong, we just know our children best. I think this goes for little things like teething and the bigger stuff too. God gave us this "talent" for a reason.
Who can resist squishing those chubby legs, not me!
And look who is eating squash and peas! We started squash this past week and yesterday we were on to peas. She only eats it once a day, I am all for an exclusively breast fed child until they are 6 months, but she just wants my food all the time! She kicks her little legs every time I bring out the baby food and does pretty well getting it down.

Estelle is also sleeping pretty well through the night. We are still working on the naps. Some days she does great, others not so well. And, Estelle's hair is growing! Not a lot but I can see a noticeable difference lately.

Speaking of chompers, Lane is about to loose his 3rd tooth. One of his front teeth! He is going to look so different once those little teeth fall out and the new BIG ones come in.

Also yesterday Reese came home and will be home for a little while after a long 10 weeks of being gone a lot at a school. We have a couple weeks of sort of down time and we are looking forward to it. Grandpa Jim should be arriving tonight as well. Lane is on spring break so Daddy and Grandpa will be here to help me entertain him!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hello teeth, Estelle! I totally agree with the mother's instinct...and that doctor is silly if you ask me (silly being a nice word). Love all the updates on your kids, looking forward to hanging out with you guys soon.

Have fun with your dad! Glad you have Reese home finally - you both deserve time with your family without any work related business. Enjoy!

kdactyl said...

I had that same conversation with our pediatrician at Genevieve's 4 month checkup....I told here there were two tooth buds coming in and she just kind of rolled her eyes at me (and I am not one to think my baby would get teeth at 4 months...our son was almost 10 months)...then she went to look and yep...there they were...one week later one of them popped through and the 2nd is on it's way any day now (she turned 5 months yesterday)

And I love Estelle's chubby thighs...Genevieve's are just as chunky and oh so cute!

Yay for having hubby home for awhile. I don't know how you military wives do it. I get all out of sorts when my hubby travels just a few days here and there for work.

kd

michele said...

Those legs!!! I want to squish them!! I love her crooked smile too.
Lane is going to have a big kid grin.
Grandpa Jim Jim... I am glad the visit was fun. I loved the pictures. ;0)