Last week was an eventful week! I celebrated my birthday. Reese was gone, so my friend Kelly and I went to Miguels for Mexican food with the kids and then went down to the Cupcakery for dessert! If you are ever at the Cupcakery I would recommend the Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcake with Cinnamon Frosting!!
Speaking of keeping me on my toes...Lane got 9 stitches on Friday night. He had gone out to the playground outside our house to play and I was headed out the door with Estelle, when I hear him come in the house crying. He had split his chin open big time. I took one look, gave him a wet wash cloth to hold on it and we were out the door, no question in my mind, he needed stitches! Lane was very brave, he is such a tough kid.
I will spare you the full on shot of the cut and stitches. Yuck!
For Mother's day, Reese was still gone, so we had our friends Charlie and Lucy and their mommy Leah over for brunch. We had a great day, the boys played well together and the girls both took naps!
These two girls crack me up. Lucy is army crawling all over the place! Estelle just seems to push herself backwards a lot!
Speaking of keeping me on my toes...Lane got 9 stitches on Friday night. He had gone out to the playground outside our house to play and I was headed out the door with Estelle, when I hear him come in the house crying. He had split his chin open big time. I took one look, gave him a wet wash cloth to hold on it and we were out the door, no question in my mind, he needed stitches! Lane was very brave, he is such a tough kid.
I will spare you the full on shot of the cut and stitches. Yuck!This Mother's day I am very thankful for the time I have with my kids. With Reese being gone so much and Estelle not being a great sleeper, sometime I get frustrated and discouraged. Sometimes I envy Reese being gone and having a "break." But the truth is that Reese would rather just be home, and I would never want to be gone away from my kids like he has to be. I also need to remember in those frustrating moments, that there is really no place else I'd rather be than home with my kids. I am blessed to be able to stay home with them and be here for everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly (a large split open chin comes to mind!). This was my second mother's day without my little love Case. It will never feel quite right without him, but that is what this life on earth is like, never quite right. It will be a great mother's day when all my kids are with me in heaven!
3 comments:
Ok, I have to admit...I went up to the Cupcakery for another tasting on Mother's Day! Maybe the surrey bike ride made up for one bite. But I have an even better recommendation...I think it's name is the Black Bottom Betty!Chocolate Chip cupcake and cheesecake all in one with pretty red frosting!
I love the photos of the children! Charlie is so,so handsome! They are all so adorable. I'm so glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day. Hope Lane is healing well. He's one brave dude!
Your kids are soo cute!! I am glad you and Leah could be together on Mother's Day and I am sure those darling four kiddos had a blast!
You are a wonderful mom!!
Post a Comment