Words could not describe what Lane has meant to me in the last seven years. He has been such a well behaved, mild mannered kid. It has been such a blessing and joy to watch him grow. I can hardly believe we have a seven year old.

5 years old
SEVEN!!!!
We had a party for him on Saturday. It was a camouflage theme. Lane had a great time, but we were sad when at the last minute Reese had to go on a trip and miss Lane's party. But I am thankful, this was the first birthday of Lane's that Reese has missed, so we are doing pretty good :)Lane is in first grade this year. I love this age, watching him learn SO much! I can't believe how just in the last few weeks he has really gotten the hang of sounding words out. He is also a good friend and brother, he shows empathy for others and that makes me so proud. Another thing that's been really fun this year is AWANA. Lane started this year and I can't believe how much he is learning about God and the bible. I used to be a leader for AWANA when I was pregnant with Lane. I love the program because of the biblical base and memorizing all the verses. Having that knowledge is so important. He looks so cute in his little vest and he gets so excited when he earns jewels.
I will share pictures of Lane's party soon. Happy 7th Birthday Lane!!
4 comments:
LOVE these pictures!!! Lane is such a great kid!
What a great post!! The way you describe Lane reminds me of my oldest son Colt. Just from reading your blog the last couple years I got the feeling that he was a pretty great little boy. Love all the past pictures of him, such a cutie. A CAMO birthday sounds perfect, something all my boys would love too. Colt is in AWANA as well, it is such a great program! Still praying for you Natasha. Take care!
Carolyn
I love looking at all those old pictures! Michele is so right, Lane is a great kiddo. His party looked like a lot of fun - good job, mom! I want to see a picture of him in his AWANA vest!
Sweet pictures of a sweet kid. He is growing and changing so fast!
He is very lucky to have you and Reese for parents. You are giving him a great foundation for having a special life.
Big hugs to you all.
Post a Comment