Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Man versus Wild

I am so overdue for a post on here, I just haven't had the time recently.  It is finals week for me and I am so excited to be done with these classes I am taking.  I enjoyed the Intro to Theatre class, but let me tell you Marine Ecology and History of the Middle East... PAINFUL!  I can see an end in sight though.  I am almost done!

A couple of weeks ago Bear Grylls came to the base here and showed a little video to the kids and let them ask him questions.  Lane used to love watching his show Man vs. Wild.  If I remember right, he called it "the crazy guy show."  So Lane was pumped to see him in person, I was excited to have another celebrity sighting and Estelle was excited to go somewhere because she is such a little social butterfly!



 After his talk with the kids, they did a raffle drawing for some Bear Gyrlls products.  Lane won one of them, I was so excited for him!!  The above picture is Lane shaking his hand.  As he was handing Lane the Gerber tool (which is a tool with all sorts of different tools on it, including a knife), Bear was looking for his parent to make sure he was allowed to have a sharp tool :)  I waved at him and gave him the thumbs up, we pretty much had a conversation. Haha!
Lane proudly displaying the tool he won.  I haven't let him open it yet.  For now it will be a little collectors item that stays in the package ;)

2 comments:

michele said...

Oh my goodness, I love it!! Vance told Merit and Willem a couple of days ago about Lane meeting Man Versus Wild and they were soo jazzed!! Very cool.
Good job on your classes. I know they have been a lot of work.

kelly said...

Can't wait to show this to the boys! Awesome Gerber Lane!!!