We had Lane's birthday party on Saturday. He invited 5 boys over for a Hotwheels party. My friend Elaina brought their inflatable jumpy thing, we had a pinata and they played with Hotwheels tracks. They had fun, it was only 2 hours long, and they didn't destroy my house! A fun time was had by all :)

Opening presents. He got Jenga from one of his buddies and loves it!

No Hotwheels pinatas so I had to go with the baseball one. He'd never had one at his birthday party before so this was a fun addition.

I didn't over do it this year. If you'll remember back to
last year when Reese thought I "Clark W. Griswold everything to death." This year I did a lot less. I did make the cake though. It was a race track cake and it ended up turning out alright, it just stressed me out little bit while I was doing it. My original plan was to dye coconut green for the "grass" Then it dawned on me that most 5 year olds probably wouldn't want to eat coconut on cake so I improvised. I just used a star tip on a piping bag and went all around the cake with it. Like the kids even care!

Lane must have told a really funny joke in this picture.
And just so I don't leave Case out. Here is a little picture of him in the jumper. He can hold his head up really well so we put him in it for a little while the other day. What a big boy!
4 comments:
I am totally laughing about your "Lane must have told a funny joke in this picture" comment. Really caught me as hilarious. That cake rocks. I buy my cakes at WalMart and then try to personalize them and uhhhh I should probably stick to card making.
Case looks so cute! Gotta check on glow worm.
Just visiting your blog again to see that pic of Lane. Makes my day. Seriously. And your dining room wall is so stinkin' cute with your vintage signs etc
WOW!! Lane is 5! Looks like a great Birthday Party! Hope you guys are doing well!
Kai said who are those kids?! And he also like the baseball pinata.
Cute cake and I love the blue on your walls.
Post a Comment