Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Case!


Case would be one today. Today I've spent the day thinking a lot about the day he was born, how excited I was when they told me he was a boy as they put him on my chest. He spent the first 16 hours in the NICU, but when they brought him to my room later on in the day it was so exciting. Lane was there when they brought him and he was so excited to hold him.

Today to celebrate Case's first birthday we went to the cemetary and sent up "flying hugs and kisses" to Case. Lane held one green balloon because Case is one. The kids liked watching the balloons fly up and we could see them for a long time, finally becoming just dots in the sky.


Afterwards we went to the park and had cupcakes. All the kids had a candle to blow out and we sang happy birthday to Case. It was a sweet little party, one that made me happy to have had Case for 5 1/2 months and at the same time so sad that I couldn't throw him a first birthday party the way I had wanted to. We love you sweet Case, I know you are celebrating with Jesus in heaven.

7 comments:

michele said...

This looks like a very special, sweet celebration. You are courageous to plan something so special, yet so difficult. It is so important to talk about Case and remember all the time spent with him and to treasure the time with him... you are very good at that. May you feel God's comforting presence. The celebration for Case today in heaven must be so wonderful!! I can't even imagine... but I like to try.
Give Lane a big hug from us! We love you!

Leah said...

Case is having a party with Jesus and your Mom like we can't even imagine. I so wish you could have thrown him a party. The celebration of his life you had is so sweet and courageous, just like Michele said. We love you guys, Happy Birthday Sweet Case William.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tasha, I am so sorry you have had to go through this. What a sweet, sweet mommy you are and what a wonderful way to celebrate and remember Case.

The Price Family said...

What a great way to celebrate such a special little boy. Nice seeing you the other day, you look great, and Lane is getting so big!

Natasha said...

So glad we could be a part of this. I am so happy you did this in remembrance of him. I love you and you are a wonderful gift from God.

Lesha said...

Sorry Tasha, that was actually me commenting above, but I didn't know you were still signed in.

Amy said...

Think of you often...my heart and prayers are always with you!!