Saturday, July 24, 2010

What We've Been Doing

We went to Vance and Michele's last week. Lane had fun climbing rocks, hitting golf balls, swimming, and exploring. It was great to be there!

Michele also took some pregnancy shots for me. It was fun to get some before my belly gets gigantic :) And I do love how they turned out.
A couple days ago I took Lane out to my dad's. He took his BB gun and we walked around in the fields. They had just cut hay so there were hay bales all around us. Walking around out there always bring back so many childhood memories for me.
And....I have been knitting. I started these socks in January. I bought the supplies while we were still in WA for Case's funeral. I felt like knitting something comforting for myself would be therapeutic, so I got started. I got the first sock done within a couple months, just knitting it here and there. I finally finished the second sock last week, 6 months later. I have thought of them as my Case socks. As I sat and knitted them, I thought of him with each stitch. It's a little warm to be wearing them now, but this fall and winter I will wear them and they will keep my feet as well as my heart warm. I am now onto a sweater for our baby girl which I will share when I am done. I love knitting, it is very healing. When a doctor recently asked me what I am doing to help relieve stress and anxiety, I said "I talk a lot, I journal, and... I knit"

4 comments:

Leah said...

Nice swing Lane! He's such an athlete. You are beautiful and glowing in the pictures Michele took, I'm sure Reese loves them too. Keep up the great knitting - I think its a relaxing form of therapy and I'm so glad it brings you a sense of calm.

michele said...

We loved your visit!! A highlight of our summer. Your socks turned out wonderfully -- and what healing, warm, "Case socks" they are.

kyrsten said...

BEAUTIFUL pregnancy picture! I want to see more!

Lesha said...

So glad I could be a part of Cases birthday, thank you. The rain that day was from above.