....that's what this little girl is made of! Yes, we are having a baby girl! Very exciting and very different from anything I've ever known. I have always pictured our family with three boys, I don't know why, that's just what was in my head. After Case died, I didn't know what my family looked like anymore. When I found out this little one is a girl, I knew God was showing me once more, that my plans are not always His plans, and His are the best plans. Sometimes in life we like to think that we can plan things out, that for the most part if we plan enough, things will go accordingly. Some peoples lives seem to go according to plan, but at some point, everyone has to face the fact that we are not in control. It was very early in my adult life that I realized this. This little girl has confirmed this to me once again. I wouldn't have "planned" for things to go the way they have gone, and I know God didn't want for us to suffer the loss of Case, but I also know that God has great plans for our family. This baby girl is part of His wonderful plan. So now I get to pass on the values that my mom taught me to my own daughter. I get to have a daughter to cook, bake, and be crafty with. What a blessing of hope she has already been to me!
Sharing my pictures, thoughts and memories from the place I've been planted
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice...
....that's what this little girl is made of! Yes, we are having a baby girl! Very exciting and very different from anything I've ever known. I have always pictured our family with three boys, I don't know why, that's just what was in my head. After Case died, I didn't know what my family looked like anymore. When I found out this little one is a girl, I knew God was showing me once more, that my plans are not always His plans, and His are the best plans. Sometimes in life we like to think that we can plan things out, that for the most part if we plan enough, things will go accordingly. Some peoples lives seem to go according to plan, but at some point, everyone has to face the fact that we are not in control. It was very early in my adult life that I realized this. This little girl has confirmed this to me once again. I wouldn't have "planned" for things to go the way they have gone, and I know God didn't want for us to suffer the loss of Case, but I also know that God has great plans for our family. This baby girl is part of His wonderful plan. So now I get to pass on the values that my mom taught me to my own daughter. I get to have a daughter to cook, bake, and be crafty with. What a blessing of hope she has already been to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't believe how clearly you can see her gorgeous features. I think she looks quite a bit like her older brothers! Do you have any ultrasound pictures like this of the boys to compare?
My, oh my, let the knitting, baking, and crafting begin!
Praising God for this wonderful gift of hope!
She does look like the boys! And thank you for the reminder that the Lords plan (although often different than ours) is whats best. Wow that baby girl is gorgeous, just like her mama!
Oh what a blessing!!! She is beautiful!!! You will LOVE having a daughter! God's plan: So hard to understand at times, but you know that His plan is good and is what is best. The fact that you can write that is such an example of your faith and bravery.
So very excited for you, Natasha! What a sweet blessing. I agree with Michele that you will LOVE having a daughter. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Congratulations! What a blessing she has already been to your family and will continue to be! I can't wait to see more pictures of her!
Wow. What an awesome ultrasound picture :) I can't wait to meet that sweet little girl. She is in for a real treat with a mommy like you. What fun!
Post a Comment