Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Peach Cobbler

So while we were in Alaska, I planned to make one of the dinners and two desserts. When we go up there we have to fly all of the food into the cabin because we come in by float plane. So I like to buy things that can be used for a couple purposes and make recipes that have minimal ingredients. We had Bisquick on our list so we could make pancakes, biscuits and this peach cobbler. I get to the grocery store in Ketchikan and they have no Bisquick, hmmmm. So I buy Krusteaz pancake mix and call it good. So when I went to work on the cobbler I substituted 1 cup of pancake mix for the Bisquick. It was really good! And to top it all off, the oven doesn't work to well so I baked it on the barbecue! I also had brought some Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mixes. I also baked those cookies on the barbecue and they turned out yummy, just a little "done" on the bottom. So here is my recipe for my Barbecued Peach Cobbler!

1 cup Bisquick (or pancake mix :)
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 can (29 oz) sliced peaches, drained

Heat oven (or BBQ) to 375. Stir together Bisquick, milk, and nutmeg in ungreased square baking dish (8x8). Stir in butter until blended. Stir together sugar and peaches; spoon over batter. Bake 50-60 minutes. (More like 40 minutes on a BBQ). 6 servings

And no I am not confused on my days of the week, I am just that unorganized. Tasty Wednesday it is!

3 comments:

Elaina said...

That looks so yummy! I like your tasty Tuesday/ whenever you have time to blog:) you always have such creative ideas!

michele said...

I LOVED that cobbler!!! Also LOVED time spent with you!!

michele said...

I LOVED that cobbler!!! Also LOVED time spent with you!!