It was HOT. Lane kept complaining about how hot he was, which is why he looks this way in the picture. Anyway, hopefully some apple butter is in the future. I was going to do it last night but the power was out in the Southern California Blackout! To me power outages don't seem to be too big a deal, I always have candles and a couple working flashlights, we have a battery operated radio, you know. When I started hearing it could be a couple days, I got a little nervous. Thankfully we were only out of power for about 7 hours, so compared to the radio saying 2 days, I was happy. After I put Estelle to bed, we made some hot cocoa, hung some laundry up to dry, and played Memory. Good times, and Lane's school was cancelled today so he was excited about that! So, maybe the apple butter will be made tonight! Sharing my pictures, thoughts and memories from the place I've been planted
Friday, September 9, 2011
Apple Picking
It was HOT. Lane kept complaining about how hot he was, which is why he looks this way in the picture. Anyway, hopefully some apple butter is in the future. I was going to do it last night but the power was out in the Southern California Blackout! To me power outages don't seem to be too big a deal, I always have candles and a couple working flashlights, we have a battery operated radio, you know. When I started hearing it could be a couple days, I got a little nervous. Thankfully we were only out of power for about 7 hours, so compared to the radio saying 2 days, I was happy. After I put Estelle to bed, we made some hot cocoa, hung some laundry up to dry, and played Memory. Good times, and Lane's school was cancelled today so he was excited about that! So, maybe the apple butter will be made tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Apple butter sounds sooo good! I am going to make pear butter soon.
It is nice to get away. Lane looks hot, Estelle looks adorable!Probably didn't feel a lot like fall with the heat, but still fun to do.
You know its too hot when kids are telling you they are warm! I felt your pain, Lane. Apple butter does sound great, share the recipe and pictures when you make it, please :)
Post a Comment