Monday, June 18, 2012

Giant Bubbles

 A few weeks ago we decided to construct a giant bubble wand to use this summer.  I found instructions on the Tatertots and Jello blog .  Lane and I had fun constructing it and mixing up the solution.  The bubble solution calls for glycerin.  I found it at Rite Aid, I just had to ask someone who worked there and they found it for me.  I think they also have it at Michaels.  The bubbles that we were getting were really big but the problem was that they were popping before they came off the wand.  Then Reese came home... and the first time he tried it he was getting giant bubbles.  Of course, that guy is good at everything he does!

The bubbles will be a fun addition to our door play time this summer.  We have already had a crowd of neighborhood kids running around and popping them.  And it's totally addictive, once you get a good bubble you want to do it again and again!

It's been a hard couple weeks.  As I said before I went to see a cardiologist about my heart.  He decided to do an echocardiogram.  It came back "mildly abnormal."  So the next step is to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours and MRI of my heart.  The MRI isn't until July so this is just a lot of waiting.  I am concerned and worried, after all my mom died at 45 from a heart disease.  But I am trying to not get ahead of myself and just trust.  I know God has a plan for us, and it's a good one, even if it's not easy or what I want.  I am feeling so thankful that Reese is home for all of this.  His command has been wonderful throughout all of our trials the last few years.  I know not all military families have that, so I am grateful!

7 comments:

michele said...

Those bubbles are incredible!! I am praying for you a lot. I am so glad Reese is home.

Pemberton Family said...

That is the coolest home project to do with your kids. I am going to check this out, my boys would love that!

I'm praying for you, I meant to comment on your last post and let you know that. Thanks for the update and glad that your husband is home with you. What a blessing!! God Bless.

Carolyn

Joelle said...

I'm sending lots of prayers your way for strength for you and Reese no matter what the results of your next test are. Also for patience as you wait for the test. The good news is that mildly abnormal means they didn't rush you in the next day for another test, however I'm sure that doesn't make you less anxious...as you have every right to be. BUT...God plans and orchestrates according to what he knows is the right thing. Lots of love and hugs, and like Michele said...SO glad that Reese is home with you!

Jessica said...

Praying for you. May God provide healing, guidance for the doctors, and peace for you. So glad that Reese is home too.

kelly said...

No matter what, you have a heart of gold. Praying for you every day.

Katie said...

You're on my mind lots...praying for you and for peace in this waiting time. The wait can be sooo hard. Rememember to trust, surrender and accept...always easier said than done though :) I'm so grateful you have your strong faith and your loving sisters & family.

Love and prayers being sent your way!

Debra said...

The bubble thing is so cool! We love bubbles here at the Greeno house. I've been Praying for you. I'm also glad Reese is home with you.