Friday, September 19, 2008

Corn Chowder


I made the Corn Chowder. It was quite yummy, everyone in the family liked it. I got the recipe from my sister Michele, who got the recipe off of a blog she visited. Here is the recipe, super easy. I also made sourdough french bread to go with it.

Corn Chowder

6 slices of bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cups canned corn
1 cup peeled, diced potatoes
1 carrot, sliced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Boil potatoes and carrots until tender. Fry bacon until crisp, reserve 3 Tbsp to fry onion and celery in. Chop bacon. Saute onion and celery. Add all ingredients into a soup pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!

*I added a little heavy cream to the pot, the cream of mushroom soup was the 98% fat free so I added it to make it creamier.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the recipe! It looks yummy!

Elaina said...

Looks delicious!!

kyrsten said...

looks great - I'm going to have to try this one!