Seems like all I can think about is food, so I might as well share some more recipes with you. Sorry I don't have any pictures of these. This is one of those recipes where you make one thing one night and the next night you use the leftovers made into something different. I got them out of Taste of Home's simple and delicious. I have made them both and they were very good, ones I think I will be making over and over.
Zesty Horseradish Meatloaf
4 slices wheat bread, crumbled
1/4 cup milk (I used more)
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp chili sauce (I found some chili garlic sauce in the Asian foods section)
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
In large bowl, soak bread in mild for 5 min. Drain and discard milk. Stir in the celery, onion horseradish, mustard, chili sauce, egg, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
Shape into a loaf in a 11x7x2 baking dish. Spread top with ketchup. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until thermometer reads 160. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NOW TAKE THE LEFTOVERS AND MAKE THIS...
Second Chance Reubens
8 slices rye bread
4 Tbsp thousand island dressing
4 slices cooked meatloaf, warmed
1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 Tbsp butter, softened
Spread four bread slices with 1/2 of the salad dressing. Layer each with meatloaf, sauerkraut and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining salad dressing; place over cheese. Butter outside of sandwiches.
In large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Makes 4 sandwiches
How's that for a Autumn dinner idea?? I knew Lane wasn't going to eat the Reuben so I just made him a quick grilled cheese out of rye bread, swiss and cheddar.
Have a great weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Sounds Yummy! Two things we like are reubens and meatloaf!!!
Have a great weekend!
I think I will try this! It sounds good.
I love your new blog layout!
Post a Comment