Here is the Goulash recipe for those of you who were interested. It is from Paula Deen. I halved the recipe here and we still had leftovers.
Goulash
1 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp House Seasoning (recipe follows)
1/2 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 cup dried macaroni
In Dutch oven, saute the ground beef over medium high heat. Drain off grease. Add the onions to the pot and saute until they are tender about 5 minutes. Add water, along with tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, house seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 20-25 minutes.
Add the macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes before serving. (I didn't do this, depends how much time you have I guess)
House Seasoning (Paula Deen)
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. (Great for seasoning on a lot of different things, I always keep it in my cupboard)
1 comment:
Thank you!!
Post a Comment